American Osler Society William B. Bean Student Research Award
Supporting Research by Medical Students in Medical History and Medical Humanities
- Candidates must be current students at accredited medical schools in the U.S. or Canada.
- The research award is $1,500.
- Successful applicants may be invited to present his/her research findings at a subsequent meeting of the American Osler Society (expenses paid, see below).
The deadline for submission of applications is March 1, 2014.
The Bean Award Committee will consider the following criteria in evaluating proposals:
- The project should represent scholarship in medical history and/or the medical humanities
- The goal should be stated clearly
- The goal should be realistic
- The applicant should demonstrate familiarity with the relevant literature, in part through appropriate citations
- Originality and a scholarly approach