Call for Proposals | Submission deadline February 15, 2014
Submissions are invited for a joint meeting of the Association for Feminist Epistemologies, Methodologies, Metaphysics, and Science Studies (FEMMSS) and the Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (CSWIP) to be held at the University of Waterloo, August 10 to 13, 2014. FEMMSS is a multidisciplinary organization.
This conference welcomes submissions from across the disciplines. We invite feminist papers, posters, panels, and workshops related to Science, Technology and Gender. Conference presentations are eligible for submission for consideration and review in a resulting anthology or special journal issue. Topics can include but need not be limited to:
- Challenges to and challenging scientific literacy
- Implicit bias and stereotype threat
- Creating equitable Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics organizations and institutions
- Gender, oppression, and the public understanding of science
- Rhetoric, argumentation, and gendered communication
- Epistemologies of ignorance
- Policy of/for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Intersectionality in practice and study of science and technology
- The ethics and politics of science and technology
- Science, technology and global justice
- Feminist methodologies in the humanities, social and natural sciences
- Production of biological ?differences?
- Feminist scholarship of teaching and learning
- Professional development (ex. interdisciplinary communication/ teaching/ research)
Sent on behalf of Dr. Carla Fehr, Wolfe Chair in Scientific and Technological Literacy, Department of Philosophy.
Faculty of Arts, University of Waterloo
Office: PAS 2411 | Phone: 519 888-4567 x 38530