Call for Nominations: Jason A. Hannah Medal
The Jason A. Hannah Medal is awarded for an important Canadian publication in the history of medicine. In this context, the word “Canadian” refers to the citizenship or residence of the author, or to content clearly relevant to Canadian medicine and health care. The award is made for a book published within the last five years. The bronze medal and a cash amount of $1,500 are offered every two years if there is a suitable nomination.
To be eligible:
- A book nominated for this medal must have been published in the last five years 2011 - 2016
- The book must be a Canadian publication
- Candidate shall be a Canadian citizen or have had a status for at last three years as a Canadian permanent resident at the time of their nomination
Nomination dossiers must include all of the following items below:
- Nomination Form
- Letter from the Nominator that articulates the contribution of the book to our understanding of the
- history of medicine in Canada. (Self-nomination is not acceptable.)
- Five (5) copies of the book
The complete nomination package should be submitted by email to [email protected] by March 1 at 8h00pm (Eastern time).
Winners will be contacted in the month of July. The official announcement from the RSC will be issued in September, 2017.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Marie-Lyne Renaud, Manager, Fellowship and Awards at [email protected]