Job Opportunity: University Institute of the History of Medicine and Public Health in Lausanne
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland and the University Medical Centre of Lausanne (CHUV) invite applications for the position of Senior Scientist (Maître d’enseignement et de recherche type 1)
at the University Institute of the History of Medicine and Public Health
Starting date : to be determined.
Activity rate : 100%.
Place : Lausanne, CHUV quarter (chemin des Falaises 1)
Desired profile :
• Doctorate in medicine, life sciences, human and social sciences or an equivalent qualification.
• Solid background in university teaching in the field of history and social studies in relation with medicine and life sciences.
• Previous and current research experience (publications, direction of research projects). Expertise covering several periods, subjects and areas will be an advantage. Good level of integration in international scientific networks and good track record of leading research projects and working in a team.
Description of duties :
• Teaching, primarily allocated to courses within the School of Medicine, from 1st year to doctorate level.
• Participation in the organisation and leadership of IUHMSP research seminars.
• Carrying out her/his own research projects.
• Contributing to IUHMSP administration tasks.
The job description is available on www.unil.ch/fbm/page64812.html. Further information may be obtained from Prof. Dubois-Arber ([email protected]), chair of search committee.
The applications, in French or in English, will include the curriculum vitae, the list of publications with a copy of the five most relevant ones, a brief statement of the research programme and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be sent by August 15th, 2013 to www.unil.ch/iafbm/application.
Seeking to promote an equitable representation of men and women among its staff, the University encourages applications from women.